3.20.2009

restart

I think I talk too much. I feel like I don't know what to write in my blog because I already told a person about all I'm feeling/thinking about at the moment. Every day, some new thought pops up in my head and I just can't keep that thought to myself so I tell somebody. Whether it be somebody I talk to very often or somebody I feel that I can trust with my rather rash comments about someone annoying, I always tell a person what I'm feeling at the moment.

So honestly, what am I supposed to write in a journal entry?

I've attempted to write in journals. In 6th grade, I wrote in my lovely journal every day-- almost religiously, actually. I wrote about such nonsense stuff and when I come across it sometimes, I read over what I wrote back when I was ten/eleven, and I really laugh at loud because what I wrote is so ridiculous and embarrassing. Perhaps that's why I should write in a journal notebook: to preserve the past?

I consider myself a pack-rat; I don't like throwing away things just in case I might find it when I'm forty or fifty or sixty and remember where/when/how I got those things. I guess I like thinking about the past. I feel like everything's too precious to throw away. My mom always complains about this.. She wants me to clean up my room and throw away all useless "junk". Honestly, it is rather useless. But what if I do preserve it, put it into a "time capsule" kind of box, save that box until I'm all grown up, shove it into the attic, and come across it when I'm even older? Then I'll be looking at all of these old things and I'll just be reminiscing and thinking about how great my life was when I was 10, 12, 14, 16, etc.

Maybe I watch too many movies. I don't know. Okay, a decision's been made. I shall buy a journal. Now the question is-- from where?

No comments: