8.20.2009

Lasts

Last year in high school starts soon! September 10th. I need to finish my homework. I hate homework. I can't believe we're going back to school again. Another year of tediousness, boredom, stress..

Last first day of K~12 school.
Last homecoming.
Last SAT.
Last AP testings.
Last Sadies.
First/last prom.
Last year of secondary education.

It's all coming up this year! Many memories to make. Many.

All the '08~'09 seniors are leaving pretty soon. I mean, all the Cal students left today/are leaving tomorrow. Soon, almost everyone's going to be leaving. I know we're going to see them again and things might not even change that much, but I think the reason I feel sad about it is because everyone honestly is moving on?

In five years, people will be in their mid-twenties and will undoubtedly be very different people.. Five years ago, I was such a naive, young, dumb child. Five years from now, I'm going to think I was naive, young, and dumb as a seventeen-year-old, haha. People change so much! I personally don't mind change like some do. Sometimes, I really enjoy change (ex: changing up my room, my hairstyle, my interest in music genres, moving, etc.). But I don't know! There are obviously some things that I really don't wish would change.. I feel so comfortable being with the people around me right now, it's really difficult to imagine that I'd be with different friends?acquaintances? when I'm in college and when I'm older. And because I'm in such a comfort zone at the moment, I'm disappointed that people are..moving..away. It's such an unnecessary feeling, to feel sad about this since we'll keep in touch (hopefully?), but I can't help it.. Ugh, I'm being sappy again.

I wonder if the people I'm friends with now and I will drift apart so much that if we were to meet again years later, I'd feel awkward and not know what to talk about with them. I hope not.. sigh.

No comments: